Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

With a store name like "Heavy Metal Vomit Party", what do you really expect to see? I wasn't too sure I wanted to find out, but the name was interesting enough for me to venture in. I'm pretty dang glad I did.

Kaiti Fink (also known as heavymetalvomitparty on Etsy) roams around the country selling her stuff. Among that stuff are pretty cool treasures, including handmade suede boots and jewelry made with real animal bones. Her items are crafted from found objects collected from her ventures, and the ones that really caught my eye were her Green Feather Earrings made from duck and peacock feathers. I have a thing for earrings and color theory, so you can imagine how wide my eyes got upon seeing the image of these peacock feathers ridiculously rich with color.
Each earring has one of each feather (duck and peacock), silver wire wrapped, and attached to a close backed earring finding. If you love cool colors, earthy tones, or just rich colors in general, this would be a desirable pair of earrings to have in a treasured jewelry box or hanging somewhere in your room for easy access to put on every morning or on a night out with friends. I've seen a lot of "feather" earrings from various retail stores whenever I'm out shopping, but ditch the synthetic materials for this! The beautiful eye-catching teal mixed with shades of green and brown on top of the dark duck feathers are definitely something to admire and is so much more worth it than the cheap pairs you might score at the mall.

Check out heavymetalvomitparty's listing on Etsy now: Green Feather Earrings!

Tune in next week for the Wednesday Item Feature!

Love & donuts,
Mayene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: