Wednesday, May 11, 2011
How to make a Fabric Scrap Ring.
Most crafters have a pile of fabric scraps laying around. I discovered mine again the other day while I was organizing my studio. There are a great many things you can do with a fabric scrap. I thought today I would show you how to turn your fabric scraps into a brand new ring!
How to make a Fabric Scrap Ring:
1. Measure around the finger you would like to make the ring fit snuggly onto. Add 1/4 to that measurement.
2. Cut a piece of fabric so one side equals the measurement you calculated in step 1. Make the other side measure 2 inches.
3. Fold and iron down the edges of all 4 sides of the fabric.
4. Fold the fabric in half along the long side. Iron and sew the edge.
5. Cut two other fabric scraps into circles, one being larger than the other.
6. Place the circles on top of one another in the center of the fabric and then place button on top of that.
7. Sew your button and circles onto the ring fabric.
8. Fold your ring inside out and sew the edges together.
YAY! You have a new bright, festive, fresh and unique ring to wear around town.