Friday, June 10, 2011

Tips for a Tuesday (on a Friday) - Save Yourself!

Hi Folks,
Sorry for the delay. I've been in frenzied headless chicken mode, as I'm participating in the Live Oak Park Fair this weekend (you should come by and say hello if you're around!).

Anywho, I thought I'd borrow a very important piece of advice that Pikaland shared this week: Back Up Your Work! For me, I've spent hours photographing and editing my artwork, and if one day my computer decided it had had enough, the amount of work lost would be utterly devastating. I would also lose my website, all serious records kept of my business, marketing materials I've made, and on and on. As most of you know, I'm a big fan of all of the wonderful free or mostly free services the interweb has been kind enough to offer.

This week's plug goes to Dropbox. They offer 3 pretty reasonable plans depending on the amount of storage you need. Why do I prefer this to having my own external backup system? Well, for one, external hard drives can fail as well, or be stolen, or go up in smoke should your house burn down. Dropbox has the added bonus of being accessible anywhere you have an internet connection, so you can think of it as a portable network for file sharing.


Well folks, sorry for the brevity, but I've got to get back to the work production line. If any of you have any tips or comments, please feel free to share!

Have a fantastic weekend!
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: