Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Item Feature: Give your ears something to think about

It's summertime (is it really, though?) and these months remind me of the times my friends and I were on campus for summer courses. Several of my friends were around retaking the dreaded organic chemistry summer classes, spending endless hours in lab and pulling their hair over the dizzying text in huge, heavy textbooks. Now, that was something to make you sweat more than the beaming sun and humid weather.

For the chemists and aspiring scientists out there, Lani V. from Emeryville (also known as nnvillan on Etsy) makes affordable handmade "science jewelry". As a huge earring enthusiast, her "ThINK" earrings really gave my ears something to yearn for. With a mom that's a chemist, I'm no scientist myself, but I'm pretty nerdy, and I generally think anything referencing the periodic table of elements is pretty cool.

Measuring at 2 1/2 by 1/2 inches, let some lightweight elements dangle from your ears. Shipped in a gift box, this pair of inspiring earrings is crafted from shrinkydinks, shrink plastic, base metal wire hooks, and lots and lots of love. Lani's earrings are a perfect gift for the science nerds out there or for the chemistry students taking summer classes and need a little inspiration to keep them company while they're thinking hard in the labs.

As Lani says, "Think clearly, think often, but try not to over think."

Check out nnvillan's listing on Etsy now: ThINK Inspiration!


Tune in next week for the Wednesday Item Feature!

Love & donuts,
Mayene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: