Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The sugar high without the calories

I always think about what kind of food art I would want hanging in my kitchen whenever I have my own place. Meredith Steele (also known as foodpainter on Etsy) from Oakland brings very bold and colorful paintings to the table.

Her popsicle painting pops out with its delicious red on a white and green background; my eye was immediately drawn to this painting in her shop. As an acrylic painting on a recycled wood block, this 3.5" by 5.5" piece of art is a perfect item to remind you that summer is coming, the season for ice cream, froyo, fudgesicles, and popsicles (but, any day is perfect for those, in my book).

I wouldn't call her food art "cute" (though, I could definitely see these paintings being put in a kid's room as well, and I would classify her other non-food art as "cute"), but "tasty". The more I stare at her original popsicle painting, the more my mouth waters for treats. I could see myself collecting a series of popsicle paintings if they existed in different colors: this delicious red, a rich teal, a mouth-watering blue, a bright golden yellow-orange, a multi-colored popsicle, and anything else. There's just a thick, luscious feeling that Meredith's acrylic food painting really has, making me hungry for more sweets.

The great thing about her popsicle painting is that it won't melt and it'll always be there for you to enjoy. Ready to hang and coated with a glossy medium, don't miss out on her shiny delectables!

Check out foodpainter's listing on Etsy now: Popsicle Original Painting!


Tune in next week for the Wednesday Item Feature!

Love & donuts,
Mayene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: