Thursday, August 4, 2011

In their own words.

I love a good art quote. When I need a good dose of inspiration I tend to search out a new good quote to get me going.

Here are a few of my favorites:


A picture is a poem without words.
- Horace

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
- John Lennon


Henry Moore
image courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org

There's no retirement for an artist, it's your way of living so there's no end to it.
- Henry Moore

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Scott Adams

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
- Pablo Picasso

O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives.
- Jim Morrison

All art requires courage.
- Anne Tucker


Edgar Degas
image courtesy of http://www.metmuseum.org

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do.
- Edgar Degas

What is your favorite art quote?
Share it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: