Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tips for a Tuesday - The Wonders of the Interweb

Well hello! This is my inaugural post for the EBAC, and I thought I'd share with you a super helpful tool that I've stumbled upon.

All of us Etsy sellers understand the importance of strong photographs for selling your items. Many of us have gone on to purchase such powerful programs like Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. But these programs can be complex and frustrating to learn. Enter the Pioneer Woman's helpful action sets to improve your image quality. She has been kind enough to make several of her actions available for free, here and here.

Here's a little example of what using her actions can do for a photo.

Before:

After about a minute of tinkering with the Boost action:

She also has some tips on how to make sure your photos don't lose their oomph once posted to the web. As most of what I sell are paintings and prints, making sure the web representation accurately reflects the original piece is paramount. Understanding how the web deals with color has been an interesting experience for me, to say the least.

Thank you, Pioneer Woman!

~maggie

Next week: About a year and a half ago, I quit my day job to explore making a living as an artist. I'll share with you some of the lessons I learned of my transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, or suggestions? Let us know here: